POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6? : Re: Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Jun 2004 11:40:02
Message: <cb9jqa$6gk$1@chho.imagico.de>
Torsten Crass wrote:
>> That is more likely a difference in the way the function image type
>> works.  Since your heightfield is realtively low resulution such a
>> difference shows up more strongly than usual.
>

> I see. Still funny it's not mentioned in the "changes from 3.5 -> 3.6"
> list since it apparently isn't a mere bug fix or speed improvement.

I don't remember the details but it probably is a change to make the way
function images work more consistent.  I would not call it a bugfix
although IIRC there have been complaints that function images don't work
as expected in the past.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______