POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6? : Re: Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Jun 2004 11:10:02
Message: <cb9hs6$67o$1@chho.imagico.de>
Torsten Crass wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> You are probably using noise_generator 3, see:
>

> well, I didn't actually change the global noise_generator setting, so it
> should be type 2 (the default, at least according to both
> documentations) in either case, shouldn't it?
>
>> Apart from that i am not aware of any significant differences in
>> patterns.  If you post the code a more definite answer would be possible.
>

> OK, here comes some sample code (instructions below):

That is more likely a difference in the way the function image type
works.  Since your heightfield is realtively low resulution such a
difference shows up more strongly than usual.  You could try using an
isosurface instead and see if it also leads to a difference - probably not.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______