POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : problem with ./install kde : Re: problem with ./install kde Server Time
3 Jul 2024 14:39:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with ./install kde
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jun 2004 17:00:02
Message: <cal3ht$afp$1@chho.imagico.de>
LightBeam wrote:
> I try to install the panel entries with :
>
> [...]
>
> But no entries where found in my KDE menu ! What's wrong ?  :-(

Make sure you run './install kde' as normal user, it is also possibly
necessary to restart KDE after the installation.  Apart from that it
might be that gRRosminet is right and your distribution uses a
nonstandard configuration for the KDE panel - the script has only been
tested on SuSE and Redhat (and Redhat needed a special location as
well).  Redhat uses $HOME/.kde/share/applnk-redhat/ instead of
$HOME/.kde/share/applnk/ - you can see if there is a similar dir on your
system and then you can fix it with:

ln -s $HOME/.kde/share/applnk/povray-3.6 \
$HOME/.kde/share/applnk-foo/povray-3.6

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______