POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.6 - Unclipped Radiosity - Effect? : Re: 3.6 - Unclipped Radiosity - Effect? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.6 - Unclipped Radiosity - Effect?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Jun 2004 13:20:02
Message: <cafdn2$4ii$1@chho.imagico.de>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

> Ah, thanks. That technical part at the beginning was a little over my head,
> as I am not firm in the source of POV-Ray. Still, with spending some thought
> and common sense I could make sense of it.

Well, for successfully using radiosity some understanding of the inner
workings is quite useful.

> I'll have to do some quick tests to figure if I've thought correctly, but
> what you're implying is that in 3.5, Radiosity was clipped and thus, a
> bright spot coming through a window wouldn't illuminate the room (via pure
> radiosity, that is) to an extent which would have been more real, right?

That's about it.  Note this effect really is not very important in a lot
of cases - i don't think any of the official sample scenes using
radiosity looks significantly different in 3.6.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______