POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you recognise any of these phrases? : Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases?
From: Kyle
Date: 17 Jun 2008 08:21:44
Message: <c9af54l0kf5ma684rkl2tn6fvbggqshltn@4ax.com>
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:07:13 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:

>Worse still do you use any of these phrases?
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7457287.stm

The phrases I cringe at, and hear quite frequently are, "low hanging fruit", "at the
end of the day" and "think outside the box".

There's an individual that I work with that will pick up on a new catch phrase, and
then proceed to use it in every other sentence for six months straight.  It gets to
the point that I start to think
that a punch in the face might stop it, but then again, I'm not a violent person.  ;-)

There's a word that someone else mispronounces every time he says it, but now I can't
remember it.  It really drives me nuts every time I hear it.  I even started
correcting him every time, but I
finally just gave up.  A punch in the face might help him too.  I'll post the word
when I remember it...