POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov mesh to anything? : Re: Pov mesh to anything? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov mesh to anything?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 May 2004 14:00:02
Message: <c8td5e$c4h$1@chho.imagico.de>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a utility that will convert a Pov mesh into a 3ds or object file or
> anything else I can use to import into a mesh modeller?

You probably know the FAQ answer:

http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/filesQandT.html#povtootherformatsdifficulty

Apart from that if your mesh only contains plain literal numbers and is
nicely formatted it will be quite straight away to convert it to any
other ascii format that stores plain triangle lists with regular
expression search and replace.

But this has nearly no practical use because *if* a mesh is in such a
form it is probably already generated by a program or povray macro so it
would be easy to modify that program to generate a different format as well.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______