POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : changing output file in script : Re: changing output file in script Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: changing output file in script
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 May 2004 04:10:02
Message: <c81uol$21i$2@chho.imagico.de>
Sally wrote:
> I dont need to change the clock variable in the .pov file, its changing
> normally as I want it, but I want the texture to depend on it. I could
> have a huge "switch" like statement with each filename, but then it
> doesn't adapt to each file automatically.

What does this have to do with changing the *output* file name from
within the scene?

> And I'd prefer not to use batch files but its so far the only solution I
> have seen (and ty for that solution by the way).

As said you can use the internal animation loop but you would need to
handle the list of image files you want to read somehow (either via
#read function or as an array of strings)

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______