POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2 : Re: non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 May 2004 17:55:02
Message: <c7jkvi$aqp$1@chho.imagico.de>
anto matkovic wrote:

> I will be very happy if some of next official version will support some
> common things like Angle Of Incidence, motion blur, fast (even 'faked',
> interpolated, anything...) SSS..., ambient occlusion (newest version of
> freeware Blender have AO, works very good...) just because I'm afraid for
> the future of raytracer which I was using for a years.

I am pretty sure if you are more happy with using blender no one here
will feel urged to convince you not to use it.  On the other hand it
might be a good idea to actually understand what the words you are using
there mean.  Someone who really believes what you are writing surely has
to wonder why it is possible to create good looking images with POV-Ray
at all...

Unfortunately it has become a quite common attitude recently to demand a
new feature as soon as something does not work as expected.  POV-Ray is
not a program aimed to be as easy to use as possible at all costs.  If
you have seriously tried to use the existing features to achieve the
intended effect and can well demonstrate a limitation, someone familiar
with the POV-Ray internals and the technical aspects of raytracing might
decide to implement a new feature for this purpose.  Incidently most of
the patches that have been written in the last years have been created
this way, i don't remember any written because someone demanded a
certain headword from the advertisement repertoire of commercial CG
packages.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______