POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading configuration file not permitted : Re: reading configuration file not permitted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading configuration file not permitted
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 May 2004 08:30:01
Message: <c7fv87$64n$1@chho.imagico.de>
Marton Fabo wrote:
> [...]
>
> Additionally, this syntax can be found in the stock povray.conf which
> comes with 3.5, so I guess I wasn't that really wrong with my assumption.

No, both the source package and the linux binary version of POV-Ray 3.5
  come with a valid povray.conf.  How could it be different - the syntax
you mention was not even invented when POV-Ray 3.5 was published...

>> The Documentation describes the format of the povray.conf file in the
>> platform specific part.  Also note the POV-Ray installation package
>> (both source and binary) come with a povray.conf that should work
>> without problems.
>
> Yes. And what good is it if I don't have the privilege to install it
> where it's due, and thus povray thinks the list of permitted paths is
> empty

Read what i wrote, you can simply copy the povray.conf in the package at
the appropriate place and it will work.  I never said you should use the
install script.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______