POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading configuration file not permitted : Re: reading configuration file not permitted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading configuration file not permitted
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 May 2004 07:50:02
Message: <c7fsup$ni0$1@chho.imagico.de>
Marton Fabo wrote:

> Strangely, if I don't specify it on the command line, then it just seems
> to skip it, and complains about that reading test.pov is not permitted.
> I think it skips ~/.povray.conf because its contents are:
>
> [Permitted Paths]
> read+write*=.

How did you assume this being valid syntax for the ~/.povray.conf of
POV-Ray 3.5?  The Documentation describes the format of the povray.conf
file in the platform specific part.  Also note the POV-Ray installation
package (both source and binary) come with a povray.conf that should
work without problems.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______