POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : I have some external OOP interface for povray. : Re: I have some external OOP interface for povray. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:45:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have some external OOP interface for povray.
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Apr 2004 09:40:02
Message: <c6oc0s$5m4$1@chho.imagico.de>
Xoid wrote:
> Look at http://povtoray.chat.ru/
> What would you say about it.?

Quoting from that site:

"Though POVray has C-like script language, it lacks such powerfull
things as loops, if/then statements, variables, OOP. It is easy to
excuse, becouse POVray distributed for free, and authors working hard on
graphic aspects of system, involving new rendering features and ray
processing."

That's not correct, apart from OOP (which you can argue about how useful
it would be for actual scene design) POV-Ray comes with all those
features you mention it has not.

The main disadvantage of your system to me seems you don't have access
to the internal functions of POV-Ray which otherwise are very important
for creating scenes.

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______