POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 64bit windows compile? : Re: 64bit windows compile? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:58:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64bit windows compile?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Apr 2004 02:35:01
Message: <c5t7d6$1no$1@chho.imagico.de>
Rich wrote:
> Has anyone tried to compile 3.5 with 64bit optimizations?  I have a new PC
> with an AMD64 3200+ cpu (running Windows XP64) and I'm dying to see what
> this thing can do in native 64bit mode.

Correct me if i am wrong but AFAIK there isn't any 64 bit Windows
version available at the moment (so what you have probably either is a
beta version or a marketing gag).

In general POV-Ray compiles on 64bit systems but it won't be faster (in
most cases even slower).  The main advantage would be to be able to
address more than 4GB of memory.

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______