POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : question about isosurface from generated saved binary data : Re: question about isosurface from generated saved binary data Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question about isosurface from generated saved binary data
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Apr 2004 16:40:02
Message: <c4sg0v$aia$1@chho.imagico.de>
Erik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a very new POV user, so my guess is that my question might be trivial.
>
> Now, I have data 3D data saved to binary files from a C++ program. The data
> are 3D matrices of double values, that is the value of a function at a point
> in space on a uniform grid. What I would like to use POV for is to read the
> data file, and use isosurface to ray-trace the data at the 0
> levelset/offset.
>
> How do I read in a large binary file in POV of binary values?
>
> How do I associate the read data with the function argument?

Have a look at the density_file pattern:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/195/#s06_07_11_11

in POV-Ray 3.6 feature is improved and there is a patch available that
also allows you to read data from text files and floating point numbers:

http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/e/povray/iso/df_body.htm

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______