POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : why no shadow? : Re: why no shadow? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: why no shadow?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Apr 2004 05:00:01
Message: <c4m1op$2rn$1@chho.imagico.de>
Ian Gilmour wrote:
> Why don't I get a shadow cast on the ground from the flags in the following
> scene?
> I just see a shadow from the pole and the edge of the flag?
>
> [...]

Without actually testing your scene - it might be related to the use of
isosurfaces in CSG, see the docs for what's written about isosurfaces in
CSG and max_trace at the end of section 6.5.4.1:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/169/

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______