POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay Fractal Raytracing Competition : Re: POVRay Fractal Raytracing Competition Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:09:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay Fractal Raytracing Competition
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Apr 2004 09:40:02
Message: <c4jtvr$7k0$1@chho.imagico.de>
Warp wrote:
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>
>>- manipulations in a paint program are not possible
>

>   Since when this has been allowed in the IRTC?

I have not said anything about this being allowed - i was just talking
about the possibility.  In fact this rule has been interpreted quite
loosely recently in the IRTC - all kind of convolution filters are
considered not breaking the rules as well as resizing from a larger
render.  If you remove artefacts or do other tweaks in a larger render
and then scale it this is next to impossible to spot in the resulting image.

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______