POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hall of Fame : Re: Hall of Fame Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of Fame
From: Glen Berry
Date: 1 May 2000 20:23:01
Message: <bx0OObI3ZGLf=QsU9SMb8HTutCHb@4ax.com>
On Mon, 01 May 2000 18:41:55 -0400, Phil Clute <pcl### [at] tiacnet>
wrote:

>Gilles mentioned that there may be need for a new Hall of Fame.
>It looks like the Hall of Fame hasn't been updated in a long
>time.
>I also agree with Gilles that we should keep the old Hall for
>historical purposes; but there's a few excellent artists(Gilles
>among them)who are not honored there and really should be.
>
>What should the criterion be? ie. Who and what images?
>Should we vote(seems reasonable to me)?

I think the Hall of Fame should at least be updated. When you ask
about voting, I want to ask you "Who's Hall of Fame is it?"
 If it's ours, then our votiung makes sense, but I always had the
impression the Hall of Fame belonged to the POV-Team.

If the POV-Team invites our opinion on what to include in their Hall
of Fame, I have another question. Does the Hall of Fame exist to honor
gifted people or special images? I would hope the emphasis is on the
individual image.

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )