POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux : Re: Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metric redux
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Oct 2008 14:18:35
Message: <bsccf4dqaq3kv7ft9flk6sp1bmj15reml5@4ax.com>
On 15 Oct 2008 13:45:13 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 06:55:35 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> Not in my car I don't :)
>
>Well, you know what I mean.  I was initially surprised by the mileage the
>car we drove got until I realised why that was. ;-)

Well if you will insist on having 16 fluid ounces to a pint instead of 20 what
can you expect? (BTW for the metric brigade there are 16 ounces in a pound
(weight) and if you have 20 fluid oz in a pint, a pint of water weighs a pound)
[You know it makes sense :)]

>>>You forget that America is the land of the innumerate. ;-)
>>
>> The young here are not much better. But then I was brought up before
>> calculators were affordable. In fact they were not allowed in exams.
>> Today's kids look aghast if you offer the correct money in a shop. Sad!
>
>I actually look for situations to exercise my mind in that way - doing
>what should be simple math without starting bc or using a calculator.
>
>I wonder how many others do that?

Yeah! It keeps your mind muscle fit.
--

Regards