POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : multiple object duplication factoring question : Re: multiple object duplication factoring question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multiple object duplication factoring question
From: ABX
Date: 14 Jul 2003 02:29:49
Message: <bqi4hvcebb4tum3tpghpcfkd2a1gtavfjh@4ax.com>
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:15:33 -0500, "Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I can't make any sense of this at all. My level of expertise
> with povray is very low, having relied  mostly on Moray to do the script
> writing for me. Here's my sample pov file:

You probably expect something like such complete scene, commented with possible
problems. Think about sense of questions in comments:

#include "transforms.inc"
light_source {
  0*x
  color rgb <1,1,1>
  translate <-20, 40, -20>
}

#declare ObjectOrg = sphere {
  <0, 0, 0>
  0.01
  pigment{ color rgb<1,1,1> }  // why not added pigment in your version ?
}

#declare Iterations=300;
#local Object = ObjectOrg;
#declare Count = 1;
#while (Count<Iterations)
  #local Object = union{
    object{ ObjectOrg }
    object{ Object scale 1.04 translate .01*x} // why X replaced with counter ?
  }
  #local Count = Count + 1;
#end

object{ Object }  // why you not added object to scene ?

camera {
  location  <0.0, 2.0, -5.0>
  #local Mn = min_extent(Object);
  #local Mx = max_extent(Object);
  look_at   (Mn+Mx)/2 // why not look to center of object ?
  right     x*image_width/image_height
}

ABX