POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : --- : Re: interlaced - which fields first? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:11:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interlaced - which fields first?
From: Scott Moore
Date: 24 Nov 2002 08:22:51
Message: <bqh1uu4ole1bpt5pa63tev3f1d3n7gnmt0@4ax.com>
On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 23:08:23 -0500, "Dennis Miller"
<dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:

>Thanks for the research Scott. But why do I need to make the initial AVI?
>Couldn't I just take all the POV frames, add the music (hmm, I guess the
>timing would be off by a factor of 2 as I always compose the music while
>viewing the animation in Premiere - actually I guess I could just run it at
>2x speed), then select Interlace Consecutive Frames to create the one and
>final AVI Just curious why I can;t work directly from the POV (Targa) frames
>and output just one AVI file with the options you describe...
>Thanks again. Really big help.
>D.

Well, the 'Interlace Consecutive Frames' setting is a per clip setting
- that means you'd have to enable this setting for every .tga file!
By rendering a non-interlaced AVI first and then using that as your
clip in a new project you only need to enable this setting once.

However .... bad news .... I've just realised that the 'Interlace
Consecutive Frames' doesn't produce the result you need ... DOH!

This is what Premiere does ...

Assume Frame 1 has two POV rendered files A & B - A is the upper field
file and B is the lower field file, Frame 2 has two files C & D, Frame
3 has two files E & F, etc.

The three frames appear in Premiere as

ABCDEF

We need Premiere to produce a single frame files like this ...

Frame 1 = A & B
Frame 2 = C & D
Frame 3 = E & F

But, Interlace Consecutive Frames does this ...

Frame 1 = A & B
Frame 2 = B & C
Frame 3 = C & D

Your only solution is that some POVer out there has made a utility for
converting two field files into a single frame file.

Oh well,

Scott