POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement - POVRay Short Code Contest Open - Round 3 : Re: Announcement - POVRay Short Code Contest Open - Round 3 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement - POVRay Short Code Contest Open - Round 3
From: ABX
Date: 9 Feb 2004 05:10:03
Message: <bjme20hsv79i7p3q8p9e8i82rl332dlsg9@4ax.com>
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 22:13:05 +1100, Paul Bourke <pdb### [at] swineduau>
wrote:
> Consider the POVRay Short Code Contest round 3 (SCC3) open!

Great!

> The beginnings of the www page is here
>    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/scc3/
> It will evolve as time goes on. If you have any suggestions,
> corrections, complaints (surely not), then feel free to
> email me or post them here for debate.

I think idea of 'examples' page should be done in form of directing to
previous rounds rather then separate page page. I wonder if it would be
possible to create:
    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/scc1/
    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/scc2/
I'm sure neither Chris Cason (who holds its previous domain) nor Greg would
protest.

Btw rendering with Linux: This is a first beta of 3.6, not Nth. While I do
think it is good quality, I think you should consider verification of rendered
image with poster before publication on voting page. There is always
possibility that Windows owners could see different rendering than Linux
owners due to nature of beta test phase of development.

ABX