POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sun/earth/moon/day/night : Re: sun/earth/moon/day/night Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sun/earth/moon/day/night
From: Jellby
Date: 17 Jan 2009 03:39:36
Message: <bi7746-8s4.ln1@badulaque.unex.es>
Among other things, clipka saw fit to write:

> My fingers are itching like hell to jump on this, actually. If I wasn't
> working on radiosity code these days, that's what I'd spend the nights on:
> Lunar eclipse as seen from the moon... astronauts and all included!
> Digging up that half-finished Apollo spacesuit model again, polishing up
> the finished Apollo Lunar Module... ah, what better setting to revive the
> heroes of my childhood!

I've been wondering about this lunar-eclipse-from-the-moon image for some
years, so I'm looking forward to whatever you can get :)

P.S. I'm also glad this raised some interest. Another thing I've been
thinking about for years is how cool a "bird flight simulator" would be.
Think of it, instead of controlling a plane you'd control a bird, the wing
flapping frequency, the tail... there would be different kinds of birds and
different "missions" (a migration with a duck, capturing a pigeon with a
hawk...) And the scenery could be anything from a city full of buildings to
a garden with flowers (for a hummingbird)... and rendered with POV-Ray :D

--
light_source{9+9*x,1}camera{orthographic look_at(1-y)/4angle 30location
9/4-z*4}light_source{-9*z,1}union{box{.9-z.1+x clipped_by{plane{2+y-4*x