POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bug with spline in function : Re: bug with spline in function Server Time
27 Apr 2024 04:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug with spline in function
From: ABX
Date: 12 Aug 2002 06:53:10
Message: <ba4fluourg9v26bu7thin4bt5hc831u6v5@4ax.com>
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:34:56 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> Easy:  The code handling vector functions assumes three or more return
> values and acts a bit strange when dealing with only two. The way you
> declare the spline you create a two diemensional spline, which is what
> causes the odd effects.  Add a 3D vector to the spline and it goes away.

You mean probably "Add a <0,0,0> to the points during spline creation and it
goes away" since I have no idea how to add 3d vector to the spline defining
function :-)

Yes. It helped.

So does it mean is this a bug or limitation of the spline parser?

ABX