POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug, or am I missing something? : Re: Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Date: 3 Apr 2002 13:55:42
Message: <aqjmau8t4glrdm5o0odd5b9ml86b2ev6ig@4ax.com>

wrote:
> I'm not so sure it was wasting. Note 6.2.8.5 shows only #declare as example. In
> 6.2.2.2 there is a general rule described (or at least it is my interpretation)
> that #local not influences identifiers outside of macro.

Moreover this identifier is a local becouse I can undefine it. Undefining causes
remove of value so why this value appear outside ?

#macro Do(A)
  #local A=concat(A,"S");
  #undef A
#end

#declare C="A";
Do(C)
#warning C

If such (imo strange) behaviour is part of design I think it should be better
documented.

ABX