POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest : Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:50:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Oct 2003 17:02:43
Message: <apij51-d33.ln1@triton.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> [...]
 >
 > The documentation would be a collection of local, hyperlinked HTML
 > files. I would approach the subject in a similar way as I did with the
 > isosurface tutorial a couple years back. It would come from the
 > end-user's perspective, giving practical applications, troubleshooting
 > tips and easy usage guidlines.

Sounds great.  For a possible inclusion in MegaPOV you should make sure
you don't use too fancy HTML features so it can be converted into
docbook source without problems.

> A major concern about developing a new patch is whether or not the
> public is really interested in it. I believe the community of POV users
> would be interested in blob2, if they knew what could be accomplished
> with it. Fabien Mosen hit it right on the head when he said "SHOW
> PICTURES to the public". I believe this is how the isosurface became so
> popular.

It will probably not be as versatile as the isosurface object but surely
it can be very useful.

I can't help with a Windows compiled version but i am sure someone else
will be able to help.

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______