POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.6 available. : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.6 available. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.6 available.
From: Raf256
Date: 15 Jun 2005 01:42:42
Message: <anr4o2-r7c.ln1@raf256.com>
Chris Cason <42ae290d@news.povray.org> Tuesday 14 of June 2005 02:47

Hi,
thanks for the good work.

Btw - just asking for curiosity - why beta is made for win32? It seems a bit
harder (the GUI/IDE is included, isnt it?) and on Linux/UNIX there are
probably more multiprocessor machines (for more professional use).

I dont own yet dual CPU machine, but if I would, I would try to play around
with optimization flags, probably others can do that as well and genral
benchmarking seems a bit easier in linux I quess.

Is there known data for general-source-beta release (or precompiled for
linux)?