POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : image function : Re: image function Server Time
24 May 2024 13:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image function
Date: 26 Feb 2002 09:09:46
Message: <am5n7uo5qgjuggc4uiqi9oa7leiah3491o@4ax.com>
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:22:19 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> No, you asked for this effect, so there it is.

I asked note in documentation becouse I think documentation is not only
specification but user-friendly story about how it works and what is (or
isn't) performed during calculations.

> It still does not make sense,
> but as you insisted that it would be useful ... now you can try it and see for
> yourself that you gain nothing :-)

You can check what the difference is in
http://news.povray.org/oh4n7u47ee1bmgh4mipmf04msaatvcuoj6%404ax.com

Both images have the same resolution (600x600), both have interpolation 2
applied, but right one has your own code applied before interpolation.

(sorry Thorsten for accidental mail)

ABX