POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: New website : Re: New website Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New website
From: Mike Williams
Date: 11 Mar 2003 13:40:18
Message: <aMaOPDAG2ib+Ew7B@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Anthony D. Baye who wrote:
>I have a new website under construction, and I wanted to get a test
>audience to view it.  Looks great under NS 6+ and alright under IE 4+.
>Netscape recommended for mac users as IE doesn't go full screen on the
>mac for some reason.  MSN users should be aware that the self.close
>function appearantly does not work under that browser, so just close the
>smaller window after the new one opens.  Still a lot of work to be done,
>but comments welcome.

"The Shadow Tower" page looks awful under Opera. The text and table
overlap each other. Control-D isn't "add to bookmarks" in Opera.

When "The Shadow Hall" pops up, it's a small window (with my particular
Opera settings), and has two sets of scroll bars.

You seem to be trying to do everything the hard way, and that's almost
certainly going to cause problems with browsers that you haven't tested
it on. I always recommend keeping a web page as simple as possible and
only adding browser-dependent complexity when you really need to do
something that can't be done more simply.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure