POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray : Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray
From: ABX
Date: 6 Jun 2003 07:59:43
Message: <a901evord8lt6rjo2scdqt6c94ls4mrmu0@4ax.com>
On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:51:57 +0200, Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
wrote:
> > http://www.daylongraphics.com/products/leveller/render/rwin_halfway.gif
> >
> > As part of the scanline research, I've got
> > OpenGL wireframe previewing starting to
> > work in POV-Ray.
>
> Looks promising but how does it show infinite objects (plane, poly),
> special shapes (blob, julia_fractal, isosurface) and CSG?
>
> And most important: how does it it invoke OpenGL - i hope in a portable
> way so it also works on Mac and Unix.

My question is about storing data necessary for OpenGL preview. How memory
consumption increased (let's say for single tree in gilles macro)? Is memory
allocated only during previewing? Some measurements could be interesting.

ABX