POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : bicubic interpolation patch : Re: bicubic interpolation patch Server Time
28 Jun 2024 15:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bicubic interpolation patch
From: ABX
Date: 11 Jun 2003 05:20:58
Message: <a6sdev0dp5papcsp0r58rih81ofpmll3os@4ax.com>
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:30:49 +0200, Lutz-Peter Hooge <lpv### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> In image.h this is/was mapped to CUBIC_SPLINE

This is something I would prefer changed. I recently patched a lot of splines
and other features and it made difficulties to include files image.h, splines.h,
lathe.h, prism.h, sphsweep.h and iirc some others at the same time. I would
prefered enumerated characteristics in frame.h and consistent usage of keywords
in parser instead of numerical values. But making a patch for it is imo useless
because numerical values have to be supported for compatibility with 3.5 and
this would decomposite writing/reading/comparing sources.

ABX