POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 10 Mar 2004 15:19:10
Message: <a5uu40lhrj7cg0lu8sq5qh5mo2qffu6td3@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:42:38 +0100, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Tom Galvin wrote:
>
>> IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
>>

>>>Any rules I have broken I have corrected myself on.  I'm no longer
>>>using foul language.
>That may be so (for some value of foul) but you are still being rude
>to anyone who might have a different opinion. So that you have
>corrected yourself is a blatant lie.

People are rude me, I respond in kind. Seems we are all in breach of
that rather vague AUP.

>>> The format postings were, after all, permitted.
>>>Yes, I certainly appear rude to some, but let's face it, when in
>>>argument with others, one certainly will appear rude.
>If a large number of people complain about your behaviour then
>take the hint, try to understand what they find rude and stop
>doing it. FYI any statement from you along the lines of:
>'one million lemmings can't be wrong' or statements of similar
>intent, I will regard as rude, childish, and not to the point.

Talk about trolling. Are you trying to get me into trouble?

>> IMHO, I think most people who frequent this server prefer having a
>> discussion rather than an argument.  Perhaps you misunderstood the intent
>> of my earlier quote of the the Acceptable Use Policy.  That specific
>> paragraph not only referenced profanity, but conduct as well.  Rude
>> behavior and harrasment are not condoned.  I include the relevant paragraph
>> below.
>>
>>     Users of this news server may not post messages that could
>>     reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
>>     reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
>>     to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
>>     insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
>>     on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
>>     considered unacceptable.
>
>I am seriously considering leaving if I see any more of this kind of
>post from IMBJR. Not only does it takes too much time to go through
>these senseless discussions, but I feel often so offended that it
>takes also a considerable amount of time to calm down.
>(IMBJR: any comment hinting at my sensitivity I will consider rude,
>childish, and not to the point.)

Talk about trolling. Are you trying to get me into trouble?

>Is there a place where I can register a formal complaint?

Please, put me in your killfile and be done with it.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com