POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) : Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics)
From: Mike Williams
Date: 10 Aug 2006 10:47:41
Message: <XzLWjLAIU02EFwb9@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it gawryl who wrote:
>hello,
>
>i'm wondering is it possible to plot an isosurfaces (density) 3D-plots based
>on the complex double precission numbers (ASCI file)? i haven't got explicit
>formula for this surface, data comes from my numerical calculations...
>
>i need to know it before i start learning povray
>(because maybe it isn't a software which i'm looking for)

If you can convert your data into .df3 format then POVRay can deal with
it. It's good at displaying media where the foggyness is controlled by
the density values in the data. It's not so good at plotting isosurfaces
from the points where the data has a particular value, the surfaces tend
to end up looking like a collection of boxes.

See http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/patterns.htm#density

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure