POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : vororock : Re: vororock Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:53:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vororock
From: ingo
Date: 14 Feb 2019 08:13:49
Message: <XnsA9F690C2037FFseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:5c655619$1@news.povray.org Thomas de Groot wrote:

> not /truly/ karstic

but it gave inspiration, or at least made me think back many moons when
trying to create erosion in a df3. The animation of that is gone from the
server sadly and I don't have it anymore.

I was thinking, let a gradient pigment with some turbulence define the
chance of a grain placement (yes/no). This creates lager and smaler rocks
depending on the gray value. Use a somehowe derived pigment to determine
the hardness of the stone. Remove voronoi cells from the grid depending on
the hardness. Can be done with some trickery in assigning the labels to
the cells I think. May need an awfull big grid for that to get something
coherent. Will investigate.

ingo