POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stuck with user_defined camera : Re: stuck with user_defined camera Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:56:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stuck with user_defined camera
From: ingo
Date: 21 Jan 2019 12:50:05
Message: <XnsA9DEBF98B87CEseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:5c45feaf$1@news.povray.org clipka wrote:

> If (B) is what you are after, all you need to do is scale and offset u
> and v, like so:

I'll try that later, thanks!! I think I see where my train of thought
derailed. Time for some experimentation.

I'm aware of the commandline option to render regions. It requires some
post processing and it seems to me it is more complex to integrate
rendering a whole tile set in an animation while adapting textures to the
"zoom level".

Goal is to render tile sets for a viewer like Leaflet.js or Marzipano:
http://www.marzipano.net/demos/cube-generated/index.html
http://www.marzipano.net/demos/cube-multi-res/index.html

ingo