POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [3.8] User defined camera : [3.8] User defined camera Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:46:14 EDT (-0400)
  [3.8] User defined camera
From: ingo
Date: 19 Jan 2019 09:57:16
Message: <XnsA9DCA24E27240seed7@news.povray.org>
When I set the user defined camera / projection to
direction {
  function { 0 }
  function { 0 }
  function { 0 }
}
it 'traces to nowhere' and renders black, which makes sense. But now I ran
into one where it doesn't.
I'm creating a tile rendering camera for displaying images with
leaflet.js. Tiles are 256x256, but the aspect ratio of the image/ camera
settings may be different, thus creating black borders.
Is it possible and does it make sense to have POV-Ray to render a
transparant pixel instead of black when an output file format is used that
supports transparancy?

ingo