POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : To Mike Williams: is a four-hole SweepMesh.inc possible? : Re: To Mike Williams: is a four-hole SweepMesh.inc possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Mike Williams: is a four-hole SweepMesh.inc possible?
From: ingo
Date: 26 Sep 2010 05:43:34
Message: <Xns9DFF77493C69seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.4c9de1639b1fb69134d207310@news.povray.org gregjohn wrote:

> ingo, thanks for thinking this through with me.  First of all upon
> looking at your google code site (but not yet d/ling any files) I'm
> wondering which include or routine it would be.

Greg, it's been a while since I wrote and used the thing, so I had to look
for my self. The multi spline mesh seems the best candidate to create one
half of the trousers. Define the green and red splines in the attached
image. The mesh package is fully documented and has examples.

> I've got a macro where I modified Mike's code to take any arbitrary
> sectioning shape-- superellipsoid, cube, squashed cylinder-- instead
> of a circle, as it creates the mesh along the backbone.

Writing a macro for Lofting / extruding a pair of trousers ie splitting a
path (backbone) to go in different dirction isn't easy.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pantssplines.png' (5 KB)

Preview of image 'pantssplines.png'