POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : To Mike Williams: is a four-hole SweepMesh.inc possible? : Re: To Mike Williams: is a four-hole SweepMesh.inc possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Mike Williams: is a four-hole SweepMesh.inc possible?
From: ingo
Date: 24 Sep 2010 05:23:58
Message: <Xns9DFD73F6820E6seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.4c9b7b273beb987730bf98980@news.povray.org gregjohn wrote:

> Is this doable? Any tips on how to approach it?  (Or John vanSickle,
> do you have any insights from your modeller that would make for an
> easy in-povray way to design this?)

Greg, I think it may be doable with one of the macro's in my mesh
generation package http://code.google.com/p/mmgm/ or Tor-Olavs NURBS
macro's. All depends on how you brake down the trousers in a few basic
shapes that can be defined by four splines that you then stich together.

I'll try to describe the brake down: one spline defines the outer seam of
the trousers, at the lower end connected to a half circle spline for the
"foot hole". The top of de seam sline is connected to a quarter circle
that is the belt section of the trousers. Last spline would be the inner
seam. These four splines define a surface that form a quarter of the
trousers.

ingo