POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Wave: : Google Wave: Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Google Wave:
From: Steve
Date: 3 Dec 2009 15:49:41
Message: <Xns9CD6D3DFB526Estevezeroppsuklinuxn@203.29.75.35>
Hi All,

I haven't been here for a while (good few years). Recently I have
received a Google Wave invite, so I took a look, I have about five
invites to give away (you get eight to give but I've already sent some
out).

I got my invite from someoen I know from these POV groups, we were
discussing the possibility of using Google Wave to help with development
of POV 4 maybe or helping with some kind of colaborative rendering
project or even to help with something like the IMP (don't know if it's
still going or not I've not received any messages for years).

So if you'd like an invite send me an email, first come first served, and
it'd be good if people think it's useful if you also send invites out to
other POV people.

There's a one hour twenty minute long video about Gooble Wave here:
http://wave.google.com/

When you set your account up there are many shorter videos and help
articles included in your introductory messages that they send you.

What I'm particularly interested in is interaction with other
applications, if I find I have the time and resources I'd like to get
stuck into some serious development work with this stuff, it's all open
source, so you can download it all and start your own wave server (you
can also embed waves into ordinary web pages).  It's still very
experimental so doen't expect too much, I think the really big word which
I'd associate with Google Wave is "POTENTIAL".

Happy waving.

--
Cheers
Steve