POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Some suggestions for Generating Povray code from OpenGl for animation : Re: Some suggestions for Generating Povray code from OpenGl for animation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some suggestions for Generating Povray code from OpenGl for animation
From: ingo
Date: 20 Apr 2005 11:59:16
Message: <Xns963EB6FA9E3C9seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.4265d8fda9d735412da631510@news.povray.org Rai wrote:

> I hav done an animation project in OpenGl. I want to generate the
> corresponding povray code for every frame of my animation to get
> better ray tracing  for realistic lookin images.I m workin on it..
> But need some suggesstions..

You at least need to get your models in a format POV-Ray understands (mesh
or mesh2) or some format that file converters understand. The syntax is in
the reference and an example is in the manual.

The next step depends on what you animate. Is it only moving the camera or
object(s) around, you can probably better code these movements in POV-Ray.
It would mean that you have to create/export the mesh-objects only once.

If the object itself is changed during the animation, you'll probably have
to export the object on a per frame base.

Ingo