POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface -> mesh : Re: isosurface -> mesh Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface -> mesh
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 16 Feb 2005 01:06:30
Message: <Xns95FF483743368raf256com@203.29.75.35>
nos### [at] econymdemoncouk news:pVu### [at] econymdemoncouk

> <http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/approx.htm>
> <http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/param.htm>

Thanks, that is exacly it :)

> It turns out that in most cases converting a non-parametric isosurface
> into a mesh of reasonable quality takes much longer than rendering the
> isosurface.

Yes, but if scene uses hi-quality radiosity, area-lights, reflections, DOF,
and so on, and calculating each pixel of image have to trace thiusands of
points, half of them hitting isosurface?

Also, I can once create isosurface and the re-run render playing with some
settings like lights, other objects, camera, and so on :)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/