POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: ingo
Date: 10 Feb 2005 14:37:06
Message: <Xns95F9D1BD7FE35seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:420b9bbd$1@news.povray.org Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> No, it is an extremely bad idea as it is not portable and all this
> has been explained several times in these groups.  It is never going
> to be added to any official version of POV-Ray.

I've seen this awnser so often to similar questions, but I'm wondering,
why does it work for other programming/scripting languages. I what way is
POV-Ray different. I can imagine that it would be complex to add a new
ray-traceable object through a module, but how about other stuff like, for
example a database interface.

http://python.active-venture.com/ext/intro.html
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ext_ruby.html

Ingo