POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ScreenSaver : Re: ScreenSaver Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ScreenSaver
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 21 Jan 2005 02:24:28
Message: <Xns95E55587746Fjgrimbertmeandmyself@203.29.75.35>

> "Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message
>> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message
>>>  I haven't used a screensaver for over four years without problems.
>>>  Time
>>> to disable?
>>>

>> I have the "blank screen" screensaver.  1 minute after that kicks in,
>> the monitor will shut off.
>

>   Hmm... That's strange, although I haven't got a screensaver enabled,
>   (I
> use <none>), it does the same thing as <blank>, (just tried it), - but
> it's a lot faster - probably not five seconds on this machine.

That's unrelated to the screen saver.
With M$, there is the 'power management' thing which can shutdown the
screen, as well as stop harddisk (used to be great to fail a CD-burning
with big CD if the last file is on a stopped disk...).
I guess the same can goes for other OS.

--
This is an unauthorized cybernetic announcement.

When someone says "I want a programming language in which I need only
say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.