POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : spacewarps non-linear tracing : Re: spacewarps non-linear tracing Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: spacewarps non-linear tracing
From: ingo
Date: 8 Jan 2005 09:17:25
Message: <Xns95D89B8A7CBA4seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:41dfc3b8@news.povray.org Warp wrote:

>   Unless you can apply the non-linear transformation on a per-object
> basis (so that its shadow and its reflection/refraction on other
> objects etc are also transformed correctly), the effect is rather
> useless (except for making some abstract art).

Usefull or not, the interesthing thing is that it is done and that it is
done using POV-Ray. In the paper he also discusses non-linear
transformation on per object basis.

>   Also, I would like to know whether the rays used to render those
>   images  were really curved or [...]

The paper on the site describes how it's done.

So far, I havn't found the source, if it's onlne at all, although the
paper suggests it.

Ingo