POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity: any parms affected by scale? : Re: Radiosity: any parms affected by scale? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: any parms affected by scale?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 6 Jan 2005 00:16:36
Message: <Xns95D63FF1AC465raf256com@203.29.75.35>
gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom news:41dca837$1@news.povray.org

> Should any of the radiosity parms be scaled up for big objects-- do
> any of them implicitly have units of "povray dimensions" to them?

AFAIK one (and hopefully only) problem is with very small objects, or
camera that has small angle,

http://www.raf256.com/povray/bug/radiosity-orthographic

Ofcourse using _huge_ object could result in lost of precision and out of
double range errors, and AFAIK using objects with details < 1.0 could lead
to some shadow problems.

Btw, there fore I think it is best to create scene in with typical object
has about 100 units (like we create a model of ufo - start with sphere{0
100}, model of a room - box{-50,+50} and so on), and in with no datails are
smaller then 0.1 (with room example - if YOu are planning later to zoom-in
on some objects like cofee mug, or computer monitor perhaps start with 1000
unit room).

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/