POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lens Simulation : Re: Lens Simulation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens Simulation
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 29 Nov 2004 20:44:47
Message: <Xns95B11C3C81D69raf256com@203.29.75.35>
pel### [at] itscaltechedu
news:web.41ab32dc16f317da555b21880@news.povray.org

> Anyone ever try to do such a thing?

Yeap,
there is actually a very easy way to do that ;)

In opposit to what Piccard..I ment, Warp sad :)

Create a real camera obscure - an hollow box, with a small hole in center.

Hole is actting as object-glass (in fact You should put there some lenses
to get good result), and on back-wall image is displayed.

But this needs realy high radiosity settings (count >= 1600, use MegaPov
1.1 plus pre-calculated list of in example 64,000 samples to get good
quality. I think that recursion_limit should be 2 or even just 1).

Hmm but Im not 100% shure - are radiosity rays effected by IOR of objects
through with it past?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/