POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pov via SSH in chroot jail? : Re: Pov via SSH in chroot jail? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:08:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov via SSH in chroot jail?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 24 Nov 2004 09:04:44
Message: <Xns95AB998CAB7BFraf256com@203.29.75.35>
war### [at] tagpovrayorg news:41a493f2@news.povray.org

>   But he can only run programs on this account alone. You can't "infect"
> a system if you don't have superuser privileges. You can only infect
> your own files.

He might for exampel send 100,000 spam eamils from my IP.

Or run some user to root exploit, they are realy meany of them, oly way to
be shure is to use grSecurity patch *and* gentoo disribution *and*
recompile every program in system with safelib / propolis gcc patches
(AFAIK).

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/