POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with the flame of a torch (lighting) : Re: Help with the flame of a torch (lighting) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with the flame of a torch (lighting)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 13 Nov 2004 13:45:11
Message: <Xns95A0C94D96BEAraf256com@203.29.75.35>
nomail@nomail news:web.41964236f9528e29138ba0d0@news.povray.org

> I appreciate the tip on how to define the fire such that it
> interacts with the light right....but what kind of actual
> light source is best?  just a regular light?

Best probably is to use only strong ambient object instread of
lightsource... hm, but this will not produce specular/phong highlights
(it's a pitty) so perhaps use in fact both...

I suggest area_light oriented/circular, and important - with fade_power 2
(and with approtiate fade_distance to get good results).

Also You might want to use film_exposure future from MegaPov,
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.1/megapov011.html#film_exposure

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/