POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Focal Blur: Accuracy in reflection and refraction : Re: Focal Blur: Accuracy in reflection and refraction Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal Blur: Accuracy in reflection and refraction
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 12 Nov 2004 15:07:08
Message: <Xns959FD7326CDDDraf256com@203.29.75.35>
mra### [at] hotmailcom news:4194d3ad@news.povray.org

> It appears (unexpectedly) that the reflected scene in the sphere has a
> greater DOF than does the actual scene behind the sphere. Is this
> similar to some physical phenomenon? (I don't have a reflective sphere
> to see for myself) or is it just an artefact of the focal blur algorithm?

I think that this is very correnct (and can not be achived using faked-
postprocessed-DOF-blur).

The distance camera-->mirror----->object is probably longer then
camera-->objects directly, there fore object is further away in optical
sense, and should be more blurred.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/