POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cannot layer a patterned texture over another : Re: Cannot layer a patterned texture over another Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cannot layer a patterned texture over another
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 11 Nov 2004 23:24:16
Message: <Xns959F37586C125raf256com@203.29.75.35>
pov### [at] tomandlucouk news:418298ab@news.povray.org

> Yep - I nearly posted an example (I forgot that this was covered in
> the manual).

Btw, more complicated example:

#declare GRASS =
  texture {
    bozo
    texture_map {
      [0.0 textGrass1 ]
      [0.7 textMud1 ]
    }
  }

where textGrass1 and Mud1 already are layered textures.

Now we wont to make it more advanced:

#declare EARTH =
texture {
  granite y
  [0 GRASS]
  [1 MOUNTAINS]
}

How can I achive this result? Because if I understand correctly, then now I
would need to add this granite y to every one component of GRASS and of
MOUNTAINS, with gives several textures that need to be modyfied.
Imho this is quite not-comfortable... perhaps it would be a good idea to
allow "normal" definitions?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/