POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : smooth weed - grass macro (YAGM) : smooth weed - grass macro (YAGM) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  smooth weed - grass macro (YAGM)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 5 Nov 2004 23:02:25
Message: <Xns959933A4EEDA5raf256com@203.29.75.35>
Weed = "leaf" of grass ofcourse ;)

How to make it smooth - I have a 2d infinetely thin surface build from
triangles, reassembling a grass leaf, looking like:

HC*.........*HD
  :      ...:
  :   ...   :
  :...      :
 C*---------*D
  |      ...|
  |   ...   |  <-- current segment
  |...      |
 A*---------*B
  :      ...:
  :   ...   :
  :...      :
HA*.........*HB

So A-B-D-C is a squere (or in general a 4 point 2d polygon).
I draw it by:
      triangle { A B D }
      triangle { A D C }
in a mesh.

Assume I now previous two points - HA and HB (Hinting-A, Hinting-B), and
next two points HC and HD.

Using this HA HB HC HD - how can I use smooth triangle, so that current
segment will have normal nicely blended with previous and next one?

Some image would be posted in p.b.images soon.

Btw, ofcourse grass leaf is distored, it's not build of nice reular
rectangles as in draft above.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/