POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Turn a torus : Re: Turn a torus Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turn a torus
From: ingo
Date: 28 Sep 2004 12:54:57
Message: <Xns9572C06BC5F19seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:4159930c$1@news.povray.org Oleguer Vilella wrote:

> The pictures that are above of the torus, one is a stright line and the
> other is the same line with an angle.

Sorry Oleguer, but it still is not 100% clear to me what it is you want.

Is it the following: I have a torus that lays flat on a table, now I pick
one end up and bend it up?  If this, or something simmilar is the case,
then you cant do it with a torus in POV-Ray as non uniform deformations
are not supported.

What you can use though is the spheresweep object. You just have to define
the shape as a spline.

Ingo